What is an acoustic wall lining system?
A wall lining system is usually a covering applied to a wall to improve the acoustic and/or thermal insulation of the wall, although it can also be applied to solve moisture problems.
It is carried out by placing laminated gypsum boards over the wall to be treated.
Depending on the way in which the boards are fixed to the wall, we can distinguish between direct and self-supporting wall cladding.
Direct wall coverings are those in which the plasterboard is applied directly to the wall to be treated. The first type is made with adhesive paste (a system that is no longer used because of the lack of thermal and/or acoustic improvements). Another type of cladding, also known as semi-direct, is made with metal profiles, usually of the Omega type, which are fixed to the original wall and then the laminated plasterboards are placed on these profiles and fixed to them with self-tapping plasterboard screws. For the installation of this type of cladding, SENOR has shock absorbers such as FTD OMEGA and FTD OMEGA ULTRA for the Omega profiles and FTD-NIVEL 47 and FTD MINI.
On the other hand, the self-supporting wall cladding is realised with a sturdy steel structure consisting of channels (horizontal) and posts (vertical). This second option is more expensive and takes up more space, but the result is usually better. SENOR offers several products for this type of wall cladding, including 3800-3801 and 3802-3803.
Acoustic wall lining system:
This is a wall covering (either direct or self-supporting) that takes into account each of the acoustic insulation factors (mass, airtightness, elasticity, absorption coefficient and rigidity). As the name suggests, its purpose is to achieve acoustic improvements by reducing both impact and airborne noise.
– The thicker the cladding, the better the insulation.
– However, it should be remembered that the thickness of the cladding results in a loss of usable space.
– Wall cladding is a medium- to long-term investment that pays off: it makes the house more habitable and therefore increases its value.
– It saves money by reducing the home’s energy requirements.
How much does it cost?
The price of wall cladding depends on several factors: its size, the system to be installed and the combination of materials to be used.
See installation videos:
- Direct wall lining system with FTD OMEGA: https://youtu.be/0dFjnHE-zYc
- Self supporting wall lining system with 3802/3803 TD1: https://youtu.be/hM3zXd1mndw
Which type of wall lining system should I choose?
The choice of the type of wall lining system to be installed depends on the needs and objectives to be achieved, the number of square meters to be covered, the space available and the space we are willing to use for its installation.
* SENOR has a wide range of dampers and acoustic strips that can be used to create different types of acoustic wall lining system.